Más luz

ximo

Publicaciones recomendadas

Incluyo dos interesante páginas:

www.eautoworks.com/html/lbu-Light

Incluye el tipo de luces que llevan los diferentes coches y modelos (H1, H7, H3, etc).

www.absoluteprelude.com/5thgenbulbs.html

Mister Gerhard realiza un estudio de varias marcas de bombillas (PIAA, PHILIPS, HELLA, etc)

RESUMEN

The bulbs are rated from 1 to 5 according to

-Whiteness (external view) [3 on the scale is OEM whiteness]

-Road Illumination (from inside) [3 on the scale is OEM illumination]

-Cost [1 is VERY expensive, 5 is about $13.00 a set or 2]

-Longevity [1 is blow every 6 months, 5 is haven’t blow yet and it’s been years.]

On to the bulbs

PIAA 85w standard bulbs

These are normal off-road H1 halogen bulbs. They don’t really look like any sort of improvement on the OEM bulbs. In fact, they are actually yellower. Given that and the fact that they are higher wattage and burn hotter than 55w bulbs, I don’t think they are a good option for the Prelude.

Whiteness = 2, Illumination = 3, Cost = 5, Longevity = 4

PIAA 55W=100W bulbs

These are normal Xenon charged 55w halogen based bulbs with the filament wound a little tighter to produce a whiter light. During my original bulb review these where one of the better bulbs. At this point I doubt they stack up to some of the other competitors, especially at the premium price PIAA charges. They do work well, but are expensive. There is no way these bulb emulate 100w bulbs.

Whiteness = 4, Illumination = 4, Cost = 2, Longevity = 3

PIAA Plasma bulbs (Xtreme White Bulbs)

I haven’t actually installed these myself, just seen them. Well, there really do look just like a HID system. However, I’m told that they burn out quickly and cost about $89.00 a pair. I had not seen a bulb that produces the white light normally seen in a HID system until I saw these bulbs. They’re pretty neat. The problem is that you can’t see a damn thing in the distance because the Prelude’s OEM head lamp reflectors do not work well with that type of light. Good for shows, poor for seeing the roads, very expensive. These bulbs are whiter than anything normal, so they get a 6 out 5. Note They do blind on coming traffic.

Whiteness = 6, Illumination = 2.5, Cost = 1, Longevity = 2

Catz 55w=120w bulbs

Ok, these are a scam. There are no way these suckers put out enough light to even be close to 120w in equivalent output. The technology in the bulb isn’t anything fantastic and I suspect that there are almost the same as the PIAA 55w=100w bulbs.

Whiteness = 3, Illumination = 4, Cost = 3, Longevity = 3

Hella HIP (High Intensity Plus) H1 70w bulbs

Ok, now we find the first bulb I’ve tried that is nice and bright, a little blue/purple, and doesn’t work well in the low beams on the Prelude. Interestingly, if you use a combination, say a xenon 55w bulb in the low beam, things seem to work really well. Here’s what’s neat about them The low beam’s pattern is to diffuse for such a blue/purple bulb. What happens is that even though the bulb seems bright close up, when you use the bulb in the low beams it’s visually no better than the factory H1 55w Phillips bulb! HOWEVER When you put these suckers in the high beam, you’d swear you’d installed something akin to a black light!! Anything with reflective material just jumps out at you. Likewise, white road lines and everything else of that nature becomes really visible. I’d recommend using these bulbs in the Prelude’s high beams if you use them at all and can find them.

Whiteness = 3 (aqua blue), Illumination = 3 (5 on reflective materials), Cost = 5, Longevity = 5

Hiper 85Watt Xenon H1 bulbs

These are the first bulbs that I noticed where not what they seemed. It turns out that their 85w bulb was actually a 100w bulb with a blue coating on the capsule. The lights worked well in the lower beams, until I changed them for another set and found out that they were burning the bulb holders. So I ended up replacing my bulb holders… I did inform the seller of the bulbs and was immediately ignored for telling them. Not bad bulbs, burned out after 8 months or so, mismarked wattage, inexpensive. These are not really brighter than any of the new technology bulbs below.

Whiteness = 4, Illumination = 4, Cost = 3, Longevity = 3

GigaLux 55w=110w bulbs

Well, these were right off the boat from Japan. I was comped these bulbs by a guy starting a web store. They were ok but nothing about them stood out. As is typical they have a light blue coating on the capsule. What wasn’t typical is that the coating rubbed off if you touched the capsule in any way. For that reason alone I’d stay away from them. Especially for the price of $50.00+

Whiteness = 3, Illumination = 3, Cost = 2, Longevity = 3

World light 70w bulbs

These are standard bulbs that produced a decent amount of light output at first and then faded over time. Don’t buy them as they also toasted my original bulb holders. (These were the VERY first aftermarket bulbs I tried when I bought my Prelude in 1999.)

Whiteness = 2, Illumination = 4, Cost = 5, Longevity = 3

Phillips BlueVision 55w bulbs

These were the second OEM spec’ed bulbs that I ran into that worked as advertised. These are a nice white bulb that is fairly inexpensive and an absolutely improvement to roadway vision over the stock OEM bulbs. I’d recommend these bulbs to anyone. I had these in both my low beams and high beams. I suspect these are actually VisionPlus bulbs with a blue filter.

Whiteness = 4.5, Illumination = 4, Cost = 4, Longevity = 5

Phillips VisionPlus 55w bulbs

These are also pretty good bulbs. I was disappointed that one of them didn’t last more than about 6 months, but it could have been a fluke. When one of them blew I put a BlueVision spare I had in the other head light and noticed a definite difference between the drive’s side and passenger’s side. The BlueVisions where whiter. These bulbs do provide decent light for the road and they cost the same as the BlueVision bulbs.

Whiteness = 4, Illumination = 5, Cost = 4, Longevity = 4

Toucan Eurolite 55w bulbs

Well, these where the 3rd OEM spec’ed light that I was really impressed with. As much of a difference as there was between the VisionPlus and BlueVision bulbs, there was between the BlueVision and the Toucan 55w bulbs. They are very clean and very white without being so HID white as to prevent you from seeing well. (The whole goal is to get a higher output bulb with a decent color temp so that you can see the road better. These bulbs do exactly that for a low price of $13.50.) I understand that they last pretty long according to the h-p.com member that recommended them to me! They are currently in my low beams.

Whiteness = 5, Illumination = 4, Cost = 5, Longevity = 5

Toucan Eurolite 100w bulbs

Just like the 55w bulbs, but are just a little brighter. These went into my high beams. Very white. About the same price as the 55w versions. These are currently in my high beams.

Whiteness = 5, Illumination = 4, Cost = 5, Longevity = ?

Submitted By: Gerhard

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

Unirse a la conversación

Puedes publicar ahora y registrarte más tarde. Si tienes una cuenta, conecta ahora para publicar con tu cuenta.

Responder a esta discusión...

×   Pegar como texto enriquecido.   Pegar como texto sin formato

Sólo se permiten 75 emoji.

×   Tu enlace se ha incrustado automáticamente..   Mostrar como un enlace en su lugar

×   Se ha restaurado el contenido anterior.   Limpiar editor

×   No se pueden pegar imágenes directamente. Carga o inserta imágenes desde la URL.

• Explorando recientemente   0 miembros

• No hay usuarios registrados viendo esta página.